We recently introduced an initiative called the COVID-19 Question of the Day (QoD). These questions were developed based on content covered in our COVID-19 Global Roundtable and harvested from our eGroups. To provide you with quick access to all of the answers received on our QoD postings, we have aggregated the answers to each question into a blog post. We will also post summary documents in the Resource Library for the Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity and Open Public Forum Communities of Interest. Also, please note that there is a second virtual roundtable on Thursday, April 2 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) where we explore each of the QoDs in more detail!
What are you looking for in your business leaders right now?
- Honesty and integrity with a willingness listen to all members with an open heart.
Whether or not you are in an “official” leadership capacity, how are you demonstrating leadership in these challenging times?
- I don't know that this is anything different than I have always done; however, I think the current global situation magnifies it:
- Keeping an eye on the big picture, while handling the minute details.
- Pro-active wherever possible.
- A willingness to go the extra mile.
- Treating the entire community with respect and patience.
- Recognition of a job well done.
Can you provide an example of great leadership you have seen over the past month?
- It might be easier to provide examples of poor leadership. I think those who are not willing to be agile in these unprecedented times will not be viewed as leaders in the future.
If you could pick only one trait in a leader, what would it be?
- If I have to pick just one . . . inspiring by example.