The LegalSEC Steering Committee is responsible for outlining the goals of the LegalSEC initiative and identifying deliverables.
The LegalSEC Mission statement:
- Provide the legal community with guidelines for risk-based information security programs that are achievable, measurable and mature.
- Promote information security in the legal community through education and knowledge-sharing.
- Foster collaboration and coordination within the legal community and with security groups to promote joint cyber defense opportunities.
- Leverage the most mature standards and frameworks (such as ISO 27000 series standards and the NIST framework).
- Provide programming and resources to accelerate the implementation and maturation of security initiatives.
- Cultivate opportunities to work together and with industry groups in the assessment, prevention, detection and mitigation of risks.
- Explore opportunities to support emerging standards, frameworks and compliance regulations.
Steering Committee Members serve a one-year term, renewable at the end of the term at ILTACON. There is no limit as to the number of years you can serve as a Steering Committee Member.
Steering Committee Members do not receive compensation for their services but may be reimbursed for expenses.ResponsibilitiesMeetings
- Attend monthly steering committee teleconferences
- Attend steering committee meeting at LegalSEC Summit
- Attend LegalSEC Summit
- Attend special or ad hoc meetings as needed (if possible)
- Serve as lead on deliverables as determined by the steering committee
- Draft project plan for deliverables, outlining goals, planning phases and deadlines
- Provide status updates on monthly Steering Committee calls
- Accountable for meeting deadlines on assigned deliverables
- Meet deadlines on assigned deliverable
- Work at an ILTA member entity
- At least two years of experience working in legal technology
- Interest in attending ILTA's annual conference
- Experience as a conference speaker, regular discussion forum (e-group) contributor or other ILTA involvement
- Advanced knowledge of technologies related to LegalSEC areas of focus
- Willingness to commit the time required (5 hours per month for 12 months)
- Willingness to work to achieve the LegalSEC goals
- Willingness to accept direction from the LegalSEC Advisory Board and ILTA staff as required
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador for the organization, always reflecting ILTA's core values
- Willingness to abide by ILTA's Conflict of Interest Policy
- Prioritization of workload to meet deadlines
- Communication at all levels