Why is ILTA a success?
Many things tell us that ILTA is a successful organization, including an ever-growing membership base; increasingly bigger and better annual conferences; more meetings, webinars and other peer networking opportunities; a greater number of white papers and surveys each year and more volunteer authors -- and let us not overlook our amazingly solid financial underpinning, especially noteworthy considering these rough-and-tumble economic times.
What makes ILTA so successful?
Is it great people? Hard work? Unique benefits and services? Luck, maybe? Well yes, all these things, but it's something else, too -- something that's harder to quantify and yet more important to recognize: our Core Values. Simply put, these are the beliefs and behaviors that inform everything we are and do as an organization, both among ourselves and to the outside world.
In the hustle and bustle of our work with ILTA, we think it's important to stop occasionally and review these values, reflect on them, renew our dedication to them. For if each of us does this, it's as certain as almost anything can be that the success we've enjoyed in the past will continue into the future.
- Maximize the value of technology in support of the legal profession
- Provide quality, independent, unbiased and accurate information to our members about technology and the practice of law
- Provide quality educational opportunities
- Act as a vehicle for meaningful peer networking
- Respect our colleagues
- Commit to the highest standard of professionalism
- Maintain a financially sound organization that provides full value for the members’ investments
- Maintain vendor independence
- Develop strategic relationships with vendors that underscore member advocacy
- Provide opportunities to celebrate volunteers and maximize their value to foster a trusted resource community
- Recognize that ILTA is a volunteer-governed organization managed by a professional staff
The perfect way to conclude this message is to remind you of our Statement of Purpose. You see it in a lot of places -- on our website and in Peer to Peer, for example -- but like our Core Values, it bears repeating, often:
ILTA is the premier peer networking organization, providing information to members to maximize the value of technology in support of the legal profession.
ILTA is governed by a seven-member board of directors. The current directors are:
Robert Dubois — Email
Devine, Millimet & Branch, P.A.
111 Amherst Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Executive Vice President
Michele Gossmeyer — Email
Information Management Director, UKMEA, US and Asia Pacific Regions
Dentons US LLP
233 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Steve Skidmore — Email
Martin Clearwater & Bell LLP
220 E. 42nd Street, 13th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Janet Day — Email
Berwin Leighton Paisner
Adelaide House, London Bridge
London EC4R 9HA
+44 (02077) 6047 92
Regional Vice President Liaison
Kate Cain — Email
Director of Market Intelligence
Sidley Austin LLP
One South Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60603
Peer Group Vice President Liaison
Meredith L. Williams Esq., JD — Email
Chief Knowledge Management Officer
Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz
165 Madison Avenue, Suite 2000
Memphis, TN 38103
Shirley Crow — Email
Chief Information Officer
Farella Braun + Martel LLP
San Francisco, CA 94104
For a listing of ILTA staff employees, visit the Contact Us page.