The Monica Bay STEM Leadership Award recognizes outstanding innovation achieved in the legal technology industry. This annual award continues the work that Monica Bay has exemplified by recognizing individuals who are known for their leadership qualities in the advancement of technology as well as for their mentorship and advancement of women in the legal technology field, and who are respected as team players by men and women alike.
The Monica Bay STEM Leadership Award will be given in conjunction with ILTACON each year. An independent panel will judge entrants based on recent achievements and continuing efforts in the advancement of women in legal technology.
THE MB STEM LEADERSHIP AWARD:
The winner must be present Wednesday evening (September 2nd) at ILTACON 2015 (August 31 ‐ September 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada) so that he or she can receive the award in person.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINES:
No later than June 5, 2015, submit a letter providing details as described below. Your clear, succinct descriptions are
appreciated. Submit your letter to email@example.com.
A judging panel will review your letter of application and communicate its decision by July 3, 2015.
DETAILS OF YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION:
- Provide full contact information.
As you describe your activities in the categories listed below, please highlight your specific contributions to supporting and advancing women.
- Describe the positions you’ve held and the work that you've done to further the advancement of women in legal technology.
- Outline initiatives you originated/participated in within the legal industry, whether that be in private law firms, corporate law departments or government.
- Call out specific activities such as affinity groups and formal organizations that support these efforts and your role within them.
- Describe your leadership style, especially those aspects that emphasize mentoring and collaboration.
- Detail your ILTA, Bar Association, or other related involvement, covering any volunteer roles in which you served and the events/virtual communities in which you participate or the publications to which you’ve contributed content. Please note that you do not need to be a member of ILTA or other aforementioned organizations to apply for or to be selected for the award.
- Confirm availability to travel to and attend conference. Please note that your travel, registration fee, and lodging will not be
covered by ILTA or the MB STEM Award committee.