The Membership Committee provides a centralized community to promote, educate and advance ILTA membership and benefits, and foster member integration into the organization.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Membership Committee Member role includes:
- Being an ambassador by promoting membership benefits and engagement.
- Attending monthly (sometimes bimonthly) meetings of the Membership Committee.
- Preparing for meetings by completing various tasks and being prepared to report on progress
- Engaging in discussions to brainstorm, refine, and project plan.
- Becoming an expert on all aspects of ILTA’s membership demographics, including, but not limited to, size, type, location, diversity, engagement, job function, etc.
- Review and make suggestions regarding ILTA’s policies, procedures, benefits, and limitations of all membership classifications.
- Review and make suggestions regarding ILTA’s onboarding and continued support of membership needs.
• Two years, renewable for up to three consecutive terms, subject to interview/approval
• Staggered, where possible
• Can reapply after two years of non-service: August 1 to July 31
- Work with Membership Committee Co-chairs and ILTA staff to determine what assistance the Membership Committee can provide to the organization
- Determine if the Membership Committee should appoint teams to work on specific areas regarding membership needs and services.
- Determine areas of improvement for member engagement, peer connections, networking and benefit consumption
- Build an understanding of the varied cultural consumption requirements around the world that will most effectively drive cross-region collaboration
- Collaborate with other Constituents Council Committees to build and reach collective goals, improvements and deliverables
- Enrich the organization and the wider legal industry through integration, multiple perspectives and experiences via networking among members, business partners and ILTA staff
- Participate in and foster productive committee discussions
- Provide a reliable customer service base to assist ILTA members with questions or concerns to ensure maximum utilization of their membership value
- Refine membership onboarding and oversee the management of Membership Success Team outreach
- Actively identify new or changing membership needs and effectivity communicate new opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICE:
• Active ILTA member, business partner or industry participant
• Complete the ILTA Conflict of Interest Form
• At least two years’ experience working in legal technology
• Significant volunteer experience, either within ILTA or similar professional organization
• Ability to accept direction from the volunteer leadership and ILTA staff as required
• Act as a reflection of ILTA’s core values at all times
• Ability to lead a team and work within a team environment
• Customer service experience
• Understanding of ILTA’s membership benefits
• Knowledge/experience of technology in the legal profession
• Effective interpersonal communication
• Creative thinking around membership and engagement
• Experience in training or onboarding
• Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Ability to respond to rapidly shifting priorities
• Ability to start communications and bringing new suggestions to others
• ILTA volunteer experience
The most important things you will learn from this position:
- Become a subject-matter expert in non-profit association membership needs and services
- Gain valuable experience networking and learning from the challenges and successes of peers
- Communicate and collaborate with other committees and teams
- Leadership development
- Setting and achieving goals
- Meeting facilitation and coordination
ILTA volunteer leaders do not receive compensation for their services but may be reimbursed for expenses.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION:
ILTA seeks to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the legal tech community. Holding this core value central to all volunteer efforts will be key to the success of individuals holding ILTA volunteer roles and remains a top priority for ILTA.