Recently, our ILTA communities have seen an increase in traffic with searches for project management, legal project management, task management, tools, etc. Fortunately, my fellow ILTAns are never too shy to share their two cents, make recommendations, or link to prior content.
To answer this increased call for knowledge, the Practice Management Content team is preparing a series on project management and a survey to gather more details on who’s doing what and why. While you anxiously await our content, feel free to binge on this recap of PM and LPM tools from the archives.
Project Management and Legal Project Management Tools Matrix
This matrix provides a high-level overview of legal project management tools from Cael LPM, HighQ Collaborate, PracticePanther, Lawbase, Umbria, Align K2, Clio, and Matterworks. The focus of the matrix is legal project management and the type of firm best suited for these products.
Task Management/PM Software Comparison by Mark Gerow and Kate Armstrong
This PDF covers Asana, Excel, Projects Online, RealTime Board, SharePoint, Smartsheet, Teams + Planner, and Trello. This detailed document includes screenshots of the products, and evaluates the products on general interface design, general usability, use of common terminology, visualization capabilities, flexibility with customizations, available support/training, cost/versions available, application integration, email integration, challenges with updating/maintaining, and mobile support.
Interesting Discussions from Communities:
- A response reviewing Workfront. Excerpt “It is easy to use and implement and is feature rich.”
- A response advocating for Wrike. Excerpt “Wrike seemed the most feature rich, but none did logic-based work-flow management.”
- A response to request for an Agile Tool that discusses ServiceNow and Workfront.
- A quick review of Project Place mentioning financial status tracking.
- An interactive community post discussing Workfront, ITM, Basecamp, Teamwork Projects, Daptiv, and Project Insight. Some key words from this thread include cloud based, reporting, highly customizable, and “incredibly friendly”.
- An 18-post thread on the Pros/Cons of Asana. The thread spans over a 3-year time window, with 7 respondents saying their firm actively uses Asana, 2 respondents saying they use it outside of LPMS, and eventually with the thread breaking out into discussions of other providers.
- A 12-post thread on a tool that works internally and externally. Tools like Smartsheet, Workfront, Basecamp, and High Q Collaborate, that are referenced above are also discussed here.
Stay tuned for the upcoming project management/legal project management content series. Now we want to hear from YOU! Comment and let us know what you are looking for in a project management solution or what products you are currently using.#ProjectManagement#LegalProjectManagement#Tools