ILTACON is the premier educational and networking event for the legal sector. Drawing on the personal and collective strengths of legal IT professionals, ILTACON is the premier event to learn what works, what doesn't, and what’s next in legal technology. Topic experts deliver examples, knowledge, and takeaways through a variety of session formats that can be applied to the challenges and opportunities you face within your team, your organization, and the industry. This event features extensive networking opportunities and educational content inspired by and developed by peers, with a volunteer planning committee that works collaboratively with peers, business partners, and experts to ensure each session provides value to a variety of professional roles.
ILTACON Team Coordinators have a passion for project management and people management and want to help session coordinators meet the goal of developing advanced and thought-provoking educational sessions within ILTA’s programming framework.
ILTACON Team Coordinators will lead a subset of the planning committee, helping to build and support their team of volunteers, and aiding their team members’ professional development. The Team Coordinators will also mentor session coordinators in developing educational sessions related to specific audience groups or areas of focus, and act as communication conduits and coaches.
October 2023 through conclusion of ILTACON 2024, renewable subject to application/interview process
The time commitment varies but averages 2-3 hours per week.
The ILTACON Planning Committee is comprised of the following volunteer roles (open to members, business partners, and industry participants):
ILTACON Co-Chairs (2)
ILTACON Team Coordinators (7)
ILTACON Session Coordinators (42+)
In addition to these members, the ILTACON planning committee is supported primarily by the ILTA Staff
- Execute ILTA's strategic goal of member engagement through delivering premier programming at ILTACON
- Embrace an agile, nimble, and flexible approach to programming
- Exhibit a positive communication style
- Lead and mentor a team of session coordinators to develop the educational program for ILTACON
- Collaborate with co-chairs and ILTA staff
- Attend event (in Nashville, Tennessee in 2024)
- Abide by ILTA's Conflict of Interest Policy
- Adhere to the standards listed in ILTA’s Code of Conduct and ILTA’s Core Values (found on https://www.iltanet.org/about).
- Actively participate in meetings and calls (including weekly team calls and monthly TC Calls)
- Mentor Session Coordinators and assist them with the ILTACON process
- Provide thought leadership to the ILTACON Leadership Team on how to improve processes
- Provide session support to your team at ILTACON
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICE:
- Current ILTA member, or Industry participant, or Business partner thought leader, who is a current sponsor, and not in a sales, marketing or business development role.
- Four to six years experience working in legal technology
- Willingness to accept direction
- Act as a reflection of ILTA’s core values at all times
- Previous service of at least one year on ILTACON as session coordinator preferred
- Willingness to attend ILTACON in person (including compliance with any policies and procedures in place at the time of the meeting, which may include proof of vaccination/s and/or waivers).
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work within a goal-oriented, results-driven team
- Ability to convey ideas with respectfulness
- Ability to inspire a team, create rapport with and between team members, and create a productive and enjoyable team environment
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and deliver constructive feedback to session coordinators
- Thought leadership -- ability to learn and manage the development of diverse legal technology educational topics
- Deep knowledge and experience of technology in the legal profession
- Effective interpersonal communication
- Ability to create and lead a team of peers
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Business acumen
- Project management experience
- Ability to respond to rapidly shifting priorities
- Ability to work with other event volunteers, and key ILTA staff in a positive, professional manner at all times
- Be a self-starter who can adapt and improvise quickly (when needed)
Skills you can expect to learn from this volunteer position include:
- Project Management
- Goal setting
- Meeting Facilitation
- Improve subject matter expertise
ILTA volunteer leaders do not receive compensation for their services but may be reimbursed for expenses, not including ILTACON registration or ILTACON travel.