Provide ILTA’s membership with useful weekly technical training tips for a variety of software or hardware used in the legal industry, which can be repurposed within the ILTA member’s organization.
ROLE: Solicit, compile, draft and publish weekly tips from ILTA’s training community on ILTA’s online communities. Participate in discussion around tips.
TERM: One year(s), renewable subject to application/interview process: July 15 – July 14
TEAM COMPOSITION: The team is comprised of the following roles:
The team will be supported by the Program Manager, Education and Content.
- Ensure that each week a relevant technology tip is published to ILTA’s Online communities. Ensure that tips cover a variety of software or hardware tools
- Abide by ILTA's Conflict of Interest Policy
- Solicit and compile tip of the week topics from ILTA members, colleagues, other trainers, emails, etc.
- Draft a tip of the week to be published on a regular weekly schedule (currently the first business day of the week)
- Post message to User Support, Trainers, and Desktop Applications online communities at a minimum. Determine whether there are other appropriate online communities that would benefit from certain Tips of the Week posts and message to those online communities as well.
- Monitor replies to post and respond if necessary
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICE: Experience as a legal industry trainer.
- ILTA member
- Complete the ILTA Conflict of Interest Form
- At least two years’ experience working in legal technology
- Willingness to accept direction from volunteer leadership and ILTA staff as required
- Willingness at all times to act as a reflection of ILTA’s core values
- Ability to stick to weekly publishing schedule
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to convey ideas with respectfulness
- Respect for protocol and history of the organization
- Ability to put aside personal objectives in deference to the needs of the membership
- Ability to provide practical programming direction for the organization
- Deep knowledge/experience of technology in the legal profession
- Effective written communication
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Business acumen
- Project management experience
Skills you can expect to learn from this volunteer position include:
- Goal setting
- Improve subject matter expertise
- Network and learn from the challenges and successes of peers
ILTA volunteer leaders do not receive compensation for their services but may be reimbursed for expenses.